|Persons||Fast Only||Fast & Partial Abstinence||Fast & Total Abstinence|
|All weekdays of Lent except Ash Wednesday, Fridays, Ember Wed. and Ember Sat.||Ember Wed. and Ember Sat.||Fridays of Lent, Ember Friday, Ash Wednesday; Holy Saturday morning|
|Under 7||No Fast No Abstinence||No Fast No Abstinence||No Fast No Abstinence|
|Over 7 and Under21; or over 59||No Fast No Abstinence(See #4 below)||No Fast Meat Once||No Fast No Meat|
|Over 21 & Under 60||Fast Meat Once||Fast Meat Once||Fast No Meat|
- On days of FAST, only one full meal allowed. Two other meatless meals may be taken according to one’s needs; but together they should not equal another full meal.
- On days of PARTIAL ABSTINENCE, no meat or meat-soup or gravy may be taken.
- On days of COMPLETE ABSTINENCE, no meat or meat-soup or gravy may be taken.
- Persons not obliged to FAST may eat meat several times on DAYS OF FAST which are not also DAYS OF ABSTINENCE.
- N.B. All over seven are bound to ABSTINENCE; all over twenty-one and under sixty are bound to FAST, unless exempt or dispensed. In cases of doubt, consult your parish priest or confessor.