Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost
August 27, 2017
MASS SCHEDULE AND MASS INTENTIONS
Sun., Aug. 27 Twelfth Sunday after Pentecost
9:00 a.m. Pro Populo
Mon., Aug. 28 St. Augustine, BCD
8:00 a.m. For Bishop Pivarunas and all religious (M. O’Connor)
Tues., Aug. 29 Beheading of St. John the Baptist
8:00 a.m. RIP Dru Miller (Jenna Miller)
Wed., Aug. 30 St. Rose of Lima, V
8:00 a.m. RIP Poor Souls (Manno)
Thurs., Aug. 31 St. Raymond Nonnatus, C
8:00 a.m. Don and Anne Pulliam Family Intentions
Fri., Sept. 1 Feria
8:00 a.m. Reparation for sins (Chris A. Soto)
Sat., Sept. 2 BVM Saturday
8:00 a.m. For Fr. Jurado
Sun., Sept. 3, Thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost
9:00 a.m. Pro Populo
*Sunday Catechism: Any parents, who wish to send their children to catechism classes after Mass on Sundays, should please see the Sister Maria Jacinta CMD.
*Mater Dei Seminary: There will be a second collection next week for the support of the Mater Dei Seminary in Omaha, Nebraska.
*Parish Address List: Please help us update our parish phone and address list. Please find in the vestibule a paper form to fill out your name, phone number, address, and email. Please place the completed form in the box provided.
CONDITIONS TO FULFILL THE FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION
There are five requirements to obtain the promise of Our Lady’s assistance at the hour of our death with all the graces necessary for salvation. On five consecutive first Saturdays of the month, one should:
- Have the intention of consoling the Immaculate Heart in a spirit of reparation.
- Go to confession (within eight days before or after the first Saturday).
- Receive Holy Communion.
- Say five decades of the Holy Rosary
- Meditate for 15 minutes on the mysteries of the Holy Rosary with the goal of keeping Our Lady company
WHY FIVE SATURDAYS?
Our Lord appeared to Sr. Lucia on May 29, 1930 and gave her the reason behind the five Saturdays devotion. It is because there are five types of offenses and blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception
- Blasphemies against Our Lady’s perpetual virginity
- Blasphemies against her divine maternity, in refusing at the same time to recognize her as the Mother of men
- Blasphemies of those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children, indifference or scorn or even hatred of their Immaculate Mother
- Offenses of those who outrage Our Lady directly in her holy images